RESERVATIONS ARE ESSENTIAL
A deposit of R500 is payable for restaurant bookings of 13 to 24 guests. Groups 25 or larger fall within our Functions offering.
Lunch: No slip-slops or bare feet (including children). Dinner: No slip-slops or T-shirts.
Pont de Val is designed for adults to have a bit of a time-out. We are not like many other family orientated venues as we do NOT offer a 'kiddie's menu', play area or activities. Kindly keep this in mind when bringing your children with for lunch or breakfast. For dinner we don't recommend bringing children under 10 years old due to the more formal set up of our dinner service.
We do not allow pets onto the premises.
CLICK 'PONT DE VAL RIVERSIDE ESCAPE' TO NAVIGATE ON YOUR SMART PHONE'S GOOGLE MAPS APP.
Find us inside the Cote de Val River Lifestyle Estate on the Vaal River (Free State side) via Boundary Road, which is easily accessed from the R59 after taking the Parys off-ramp on the N1 South. Positioned just downstream from the historic Vaal River Barrage, we are less than an hour's drive from Johannesburg and 20 minutes from Parys.
TERMS & CONDITIONS FOR PACKAGES:
The below terms and condition apply when booking a package including two or more of the following; spa, hotel, restaurant, cruise:
- Bookings can only be made 3 months in advance
- Please note that all payments are non-refundable.
- No refund will be made should one or more guest cancel.
- Adding more guests is subject to availability.
- Bookings can be moved 7 Bookings can be moved up until 7 days prior to reservation date but only if there is availability on the new date prior to reservation date
RESTAURANT CANCELLATION POLICY:
Cancellation or re-scheduling of the a restuarant booking 7 days before date of arrival, or no-show on the day – visitor forfeits 100% of any deposit paid i.e. for bookings of 13 to 24 guests • Guests agree and accept liability and responsibility by signature hereto to pay in full for any and/all damages caused in or outside of the relevant facilities whether accidental or deliberate. Such damages will in the first instance be deducted from deposits, where after any remaining balance owing will be payable by the Main Guest.
Gift vouchers purchased for any of Pont de Val's offerings including but not limited to spa, hotel, function hire or restaurant are valid for 90 days only.
To ensure the enjoyment, safety and wellbeing of all Guests, we specifically bring to your attention the following important notices, rules, indemnities, common courtesies, obligations and cautions, these terms of which are subject to and conditional for all guests making reservations and gaining entry to PONT DE VAL:
Safety and Conduct Policies
1. The speed limit on PONT DE VAL driveway is 15km/hour, this is to minimize noise pollution and to safeguard the guests and staff 2. Guests enter the premises entirely at their own risk and responsibility. Whilst we take precaution to facilitate the reasonable safety and comfort of our Guests, irrespective of unintended failure or negligence of Pont De Val, its members, owners, management, staff, employees, drivers, suppliers, service providers, Contractors or Contractor’s employees or event organizers, Pont De Val cannot and will not be held liable or responsible for any liability or costs resulting from death, injury, loss or damage suffered or any such act caused to any person or personal property in any form whatsoever whilst in or on the premises, adjacent lands in the wetlands surrounding, when participating in any of the activities. 3. As this is a environmentally sensitive wetland area, please ensure that Guests in your group provide adequate supervision to those in your party or group, especially and including children as the surrounding area several ponds and water features as well as rough terrain, lawns, pathways and areas which can become very slippery especially after rain or when the garden sprinklers have been in operation. 4. Regrettably pets are not allowed to be brought in by Guests 5. Guests are requested not to solicit or request the staff or Contractor’s staff of Pont de Val to perform any work, fetching, carrying, child minding, etc. of any nature. Staff have been allocated tasks and duties to ensure the efficient functioning of your event and due to time constraints can not be distracted from these duties. 6. Guests are prohibited from trespassing on neighbouring properties. The neighbour’s fences and boundaries are made clear to Guests. In the event of trespassing on neighbour’s properties, deposits paid will be forfeited as compensation to the relevant neighbours and those Guests will be asked to leave Pont de Val venue immediately. 7. Attention is specifically drawn to the reality that leaving children unattended is both dangerous and irresponsible, and could lead to injury for which Pont de Val Members, its Management and staff members or its Contractors and Suppliers cannot be liable or take responsibility. 8. Guests are requested to please respect wildlife, birdlife, and plant life alike and to ensure that the beautiful natural and ecologically sensitive environment at Pont de Val is preserved. 9. No plants or flowers are to be picked or clipped. 10. Remember to take photos, leave only footprints and please pick-up own litter and recycle refuse. Sufficient recycle litter bins and refuse drums are placed all over the venue for the convenience of Guests. 11. Fire hazards and non-smoking zones - fires are strictly forbidden. Smoking is not permissible in any of the buildings or public areas by law. 12. The lighting or activation of fireworks in any form, shape or size is strictly prohibited. 13. The use of helium balloons or floating lanterns in any form, shape or size is strictly prohibited.
Pont de Val management endeavour and remain to be approachable and flexible, and wish that all our Guests enjoy their day to the fullest and return home satisfied. Please acknowledge and confirm your support, cooperation, agreement and acceptance of the above conditions by signature hereto on page 1 and initialling of all other pages hereto, and forward this signed and initialled document to Pont de Val in advance by email to firstname.lastname@example.org If not sent to us in advance Guests will be requested to please complete and sign and initial all pages of this form on arrival. However, in the event that you should be of the opinion that the above NOTICES and RULES are too onerous or not acceptable and would rather cancel the booking, please immediately advise Pont de Val accordingly. Likewise, Pont de Val reserves the right without prejudice or any further recourse by you or your Group to sever, to cancel and to terminate your patronage on our premises if any of the NOTICES, RULES, INDEMNITIES, COMMON COURTESIES, OBLIGATIONS AND CAUTIONS are not followed and adhered to by you or any member of your group, or if your party’s or group’s behaviour becomes a disturbance or is unruly, offensive, abusive, threatening, destructive or unacceptable to any other guests or management and staff of Pont de Val. Pont de Val does sincerely hope and trust that such action will never be necessary. These NOTICES and RULES are as much for your protection, safety and comfort as for the other Guests and for the staff and management of Pont de Val . We hope you will have a great time and if there is anything we can do to enhance your visit or assist you in any way, and/or to improve our service and facilities; we welcome constructive recommendations and suggestions We try to be open-minded and constantly strive for improvement. We pledge and undertake to do our best for you, our valued Guests. Thank you for your support and cooperation in advance! Please do not hesitate to approach us at any time. Sincere and best wishes, Pont de Val Management.